Your presence truly makes a difference in our campers lives. For many of them this is their first time fishing or even on a boat and you are helping to create such a memorable experience for them!
Listed below is the itinerary for this years Camp Cavett Fishing Days.
Dates: Thursday, July 26th (Striper) and Saturday, July 28th (Bass)
Location: Catfish Bay Marina at Lake Texoma
- · 6:00 am - 6:45 am: Volunteers launch boats and beach them in the cove behind the Catfish Bay Marina.
Look for the big tent.
All boater volunteers must register with Camp Cavett staff. Pick up gift bags, water, snacks, and name tags. Coffee and donuts will be provided.
- · 6:45 am: Mandatory volunteer briefing - Safety discussion, kids fishing rules, lake and weather conditions.
- · 7:00 am: Campers arrive by bus. Kids MUST wear life jackets at all times. If you would like to bring your own life jackets please feel free to otherwise we will provide them.
- · 7:30 am: Fishing day take off. Non-boater volunteers will assist kids fishing from shore if needed.
- · 11:00 am - 12:00 pm: Derby weigh-in. Cookout for everyone - Thursday (Hot Dogs) / Friday (Hamburgers)
This summer we have more campers registered for Camp Cavett than ever before, therefore we are needing a few more volunteer fishmen than in previous years.
If you know of any fishermen who may be interested in joining us, please give them our contact information or give us their information and we are happy to contact them directly.
Thank you again for joining us at Camp Cavett. Our fishing days would not be possible without you. You may register online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Eric Cavett at email@example.com or our CKF office at (405) 602-2814.
Best, Emily Roberts Cavett Kids Foundation